For Burlington Students in Grades 5 - 12
*Skiing and snowboarding at discounted rates!
*Lift passes, group lessons and rental equipment are available.
*Lesson package includes 5 weekly one hour group lesson for any level skier or snowboarder.
*New skiers and boarders are required to take lessons.
*Students not taking lessons much possess a solid knowledge of the sport in order to participate.
*Round trip bus transportation from school and back to school at end of program.
DATES: Tuesdays, January 8, 15, 22, February 5 and 12 (make-up dates will be added for cancellations)
LOCATION: Bus departs from L. S. Mills and Har-Bur at 3:00 pm for Ski Sundown in New Hartford. Mills students must remain in a supervised setting (study hall, library, meeting, etc.) until the bus boards at LSM at 2:50 pm
Bus returns to Lewis Mills at approximately 7:40 pm
Limited Registration: Please register early to assure a space on the bus. Registration is contingent on bus space.
#1 Lifts and Bus $245
#2 Lifts, Ski Lessons and Bus $320
#3 Lifts, Snowboard Lessons, Bus $320
#4 Lifts, Ski Rentals, Bus $375
#5 Lifts, Snowboard Rentals, Bus $375
#6 Lifts, Ski Lessons, Ski Rentals, Bus $450
#7 Lifts, Snowboard Lessons, Board Rentals, Bus $450
#8 Season Pass Holder Lessons, Bus $215
#9 Bus (only for season pass holders) $80
#10 Lift only (no bus) $170
#11 Parent/Teacher Chaperones - No Fee
SKI SKILL LEVELS
1. First time on skis - new to the sport
2. Novice - Riding chair lift and skiing independently, making wedge turns on beginner terrain
3. Intermediate - Skiing in a small wedge or beginning parallel turns on intermediate terrain
4. Advanced - Making consistent parallel turns on advanced terrain and ready to explore moguls, sleeper terrain and variable snow conditions.
SNOWBOARD SKILL LEVELS
1. First time on snowboard - new to the sport
2. Novice - Riding chairlift and snowboarding independently, controlling direction and speed on beginner terrain
3. Intermediate - exploring intermediate terrain using linked turns. Ready to learn speed control through turn shape and intro to carving and ground tricks
4. Advanced - Making carved turns on advanced terrain. Ready for advanced carving skills, switch riding, moguls and intro to aerials
CHAPERONES NEEDED! Chaperones receive skiing privileges, a free group lesson, and a group rate for rentals. All chaperones are required to fill out paperwork. This program cannot run without chaperones.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 2nd Late fee of $25 must be paid if received after 11/2/18 deadline.
Harwinton Residents need to register with Harwinton Recreation Department